Hello! How are you all doing?
It’s Donna here sharing my project for the month of May. This month’s theme is “OLD IS GOLD” and the only thing you have to do is pick any of the previous projects in the blog and take inspiration from it. For my layout, I opted to do the June 2016 challenge “Watercolor/Brush Lettering/Stamping”.
For my layout, I chose the watercolor and stamping techniques since I don’t know how to do brush lettering yet.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial showing how I created my layout.
- Prep the paper with gesso. You don’t need to this first step if you are using a heavy duty/mixed media-ready paper/cardstock.
- I used one of the die-cut frames in the Pink Paislee Oh My Heart collection as a stencil.
- I slightly brushed watercolor all over the paper.
- I used the distress inks to add splatters. And yes, I used an old clear CD/DVD divider since I don’t have a stamping block yet.
- I added more colors but using the blue and green colors (distress inks and watercolor).
- I randomly splattered black dots using a black spray mist.
- I fussy cut the flowers in this particular paper in the collection. This took a while so I suggest do this first if you plan on re-creating my layout.
- I also used the “Ampersand” die-cut paper and added watercolor around the edges. Doesn’t have to perfect since this will be trimmed later on, with the diagonal stripe paper underneath it.
- I turned the photo into black and white so the colors won’t clash too much. Then I used these papers to mat the photos.
- As always, I like adding layers of messy threads to my layouts. This one is not exempted.
- I also tucked more messy threads here and there once I adhered the photos in place.
- Here, I am trying to determine how to place the fussy cut flowers. I took a photo of it and from there, started adhering everything around.
- When I was satisfied with how everything looked like, I used the stamp in my DT kit and the distress inks to add more bits of colors to my already colorful layout. I wanted to mimic the little hearts you can find in the Oh My Heart collection.
- And that’s it! Here are more close up shots of my layout
I used foam tapes to add bit of dimension to the flat fussy cut flowers.
I decorated the Ampersand die-cut element with sequins and puffy stickers.
That’s all from me today! I hope you liked my layout!
Donna– – – – – – –
To enter this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
1. Create a project with the theme ‘Old is Gold’.
2. Upload your entry at our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum May 2017 – Old is God.
3. All entries are due by May 31, 2017.
4. Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.Note:
1. A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
2. All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.