Hello pretty peeps! I have a tutorial for you all on how this layout came about. It’s still all about coloring this month! Hope you like it!
Note: photo heavy post
1. Prep your background first by brushing thin layer of gesso all over. All over coz I intend to apply different mediums in several parts of the page
2. Brush gesso diluted in water
4. Mix some modeling paste and Tombow marker color blue.
5. Use a stencil and apply to the background
6. Cut a couple of cloud shapes
7. Brush the edges with blue Tombow marker and brown watercolor pencil. Spread with brush and then ink the edges with distress ink. Do the latter part when the water has dried already.
8. Use the marker again to stamp some images
9. Use some die cuts to cut flowers and leaves. Apply marker in the middle and blend with brush. Ink the edges with distress ink as well
10. I cut smaller clouds again and brushed the edges with blue Tombow marker. Will ink the edges with distress ink too
12. And then I started adhering the embellishments in place. I also used some messy threads
Here are detail shots of my layout
My journaling is hidden in this cute little pocket tucked underneath my photo
I used these Petaloo spring berry clusters as center accent to a couple of flowers
Loving lots of textures, layers and clusters (as usual lol)
Hope you my layout inspired you today!
Here’s what you have to do to play along this month:
Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
(Note: a winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.)