Hello! It’s Donna here and I’m going to share some layouts featuring Silhouette Cameo cut files.
There are several models of the Silhouette Cameo available in the market today. Mine is the first generation and so far it is still functioning all right. Although the newer models are much better in terms of materials that it can cut. Of course, if mine gets broken along the way I’d get a newer model. For now, I’m still contented and happy with what I have. You just need to replace the cutting mat and blades, as often as needed. You can buy all that you need in the store and you can avail a free shipping too if you’re within the UAE. How cool is that?!
“You & Me”
For this layout, I used a regular font’s “Ampersand” and re-sized it in the Silhouette Cameo software. The font is Eccentric. Originally, it is kind of slim in width. I adjusted it and have off-set it so it is a bit bigger than the original font dimension. I placed it in such a way to accommodate the photo as you see in the image.
5. Place the photo and other embellishments as seen in the image.
6. Adhere washi tape to a cardstock. Punch butterflies
7. Use washi tape to decorate top and bottom as seen in the image.
8. Splatter some black ink and adhere other embellishments and the layout is done.
“Follow your own arrow”
You may still use the machine to cut the “petals” but the second step as you see in the image is how I usually do mine.
Using a darker cardstock made the petals stand out. Try to experiment with colors that suit your page
I cut almost 1/4 inch on all edges then I adhered it on a patterned paper.
“Sparkle and shine”
For my third and last layout, I opted to use plain, white cardstock for the leaves cut file to tie up the photo and the light colored patterned papers together. Scattering it through the focal point made an impression of depth.
I hope you liked my layouts today and inspired you to create!
Thanks for dropping by!
We are bringing back our ‘Show Us What You Made’ contest. Pretty Paper Studio is turning 5 years old in April and this contest will run from February until the end of April.
See terms and conditions below:
1. Make a project using supplies you have purchased from our store – www.ppsuae.com.
2. Your purchases can be old or new but your project HAS to be new – made after this contest was announced (February 5, 2017). Please don’t pull out old photos from your archives.
3. Upload them to the Member Gallery on our website. Please list the name of items you have used in your projects in the description. Our tutorial here will guide you on uploading projects to our Gallery.
4. This step is optional – if you share your project on social media, please tag us @ppsuae or use the hashtag #madewithppsuae. Kindly note that your profile has to be public for us to see your projects.
5. We will pick one winner at the end of every month – February, March, and April – and the winner will receive an AED 100 prize pack. Three winners in total.
6. Start crafting!!