Hello! It’s Donna here and today I will be sharing all about planner decorating.
Since February is “Heart” month, I decided this to be my planner’s theme. I used the Mon Amour papers by Graphic 45 to decorate my A5 “Breathe” My Prima Planner.
Let me walk you through how I customized my planner from dashboard to divider to monthly and weekly spreads. And a bonus of showing more D.I.Y. clips.
It’s very easy to do this using your own stash. With some patterned papers of your choice, doilies and other embellishments, you can make the dividers of your planner prettier.
I also made a shaker embellishment sort of thing as well. This is a leftover from a previous project and we crafters like to maximize all our resources as much as possible, right?
I used the cut file as a pattern and cut the rest of the shaker embellishment parts by hand. Then, I sew the edges to close it. A really cool and useful tool (and in my wishlist) in making shaker cards/embellishments is the Fuse tool by WRMK.
Some patterned papers have cut apart like these ones from Graphic 45. I used both 8×8 and 12×12 but most of these pieces were from an 8×8 sheet of paper.
This is my monthly spread “before the pen”. I will use some of the fussy cuts to highlight important dates later on.
The last weekly spread is pretty special because it’s my “birthday week”. I used the MPP stickers in addition to the fussy cut ones. And let’s not forget washi and decorative tapes.
I also made some new clips to go with this month’s theme. I promise I will show how to make one in my future planner post.
And this is how the rest of the planner looks like.
“Pockets and Divider”
Which is actually placed before the divider but I took it out for picture-taking purposes. I used colored pencils and I need more practice, I know.
Would you believe I used scraps to decorate both pages? The “postcard” and “Mon Amor” cards were both scraps and I just covered up the missing parts with other stuff. And you wouldn’t even notice!
“Month at a glance spread”
First-week page before the pen photo.
Second and third week spread (after the pen) photo. I decided to show you the current week with all things written down. As you can see, I also use my planner like a diary of some sort.
I attached this “Note to self” from the list pad to include the photo I took of my daughter holding the Valentine gifts her daddy gave for both of us. I just left a space wherein I can adhere the photo later. I have yet to get a new printer ink so no photo yet.
Last week spread “before-the-pen”. For this week, I embellished half of the second page since February is just until the 28th.
Well, that’s all from me today! I hope you liked my project and it inspired you to create and/or decorate your own planner too.
Thanks for dropping by! Happy crafting!
We are bringing back our ‘Show Us What You Made’ contest. Pretty Paper Studio is turning 5 years old in April and this contest will run from February until the end of April.
See terms and conditions below:
1. Make a project using supplies you have purchased from our store – www.ppsuae.com.
2. Your purchases can be old or new but your project HAS to be new – made after this contest was announced (February 5, 2017). Please don’t pull out old photos from your archives.
3. Upload them to the Member Gallery on our website. Please list the name of items you have used in your projects in the description. Our tutorial here will guide you on uploading projects to our Gallery.
4. This step is optional – if you share your project on social media, please tag us @ppsuae or use the hashtag #madewithppsuae. Kindly note that your profile has to be public for us to see your projects.
5. We will pick one winner at the end of every month – February, March, and April – and the winner will receive an AED 100 prize pack. Three winners in total.
6. Start crafting!!