Hello, everyone! Donna here and I am sharing my project for this month. I created my own gilded embellishments using some of the newest products in the PPS store: Nuvo Gilded Flakes and Embellishment Mousse by Tonic Studios. I had to research about the products I have in hand and I thought it’s gonna be difficult but it’s actually the opposite. I had fun along the way! I could do much better, I know, but I still loved the result.
My project is a scrapbook layout of my daughter’s photo taken on her second birthday. I used patterns and colors that are fun, festive and girly-girl at the same time. I love how my layout turned out so I hope you enjoy this step by step tutorial I prepared for you!
1.I used both patterned paper and plain white cardstock to create my embellishments. The first thing I did was use the Nuvo Glue Pen to adhere the gilding flakes. I also used double-sided tape as an alternative to the glue pen.
2. Just simply cover the area with the gilding flakes. I let it sit for a few seconds and then I slowly rub away the flakes. I used quite a few at first but later on, I noticed the bigger flakes were easier to use than several little flakes.
I also did the same thing with the pinwheel. I used the glue pen here instead of double-sided tape.
This is how it looked like after rubbing the flakes.
Then I used an old Basic Grey brad from my stash to hold the pinwheel in place.3. Using the embellishment mousse this time, I colored these butterflies and pinwheels instead of the gilded flakes. I dipped my brush in a little bit of water to help spread the mousse swiftly. I added more layers to achieve a bolder sheen.
4. For my title, I painted the thickers with white paint before painting over with mousse.
5. I used the glue pen to add gilded flakes to the white cardstock. I also splattered water-diluted mousse to tie up the metallic shine all throughout the layout.
6. Then, the fun begins! Start to add everything to make the layout!
And this is how my layout turned out.
I used this fun paper in the Oh My Heart collection coz it reminds me of confetti! I used a border punch to accentuate the strips.
I backed the patterned butterflies with the moussed butterflies. I added sequins in the middle part to add color.
I also backed the pennants to a blue purple patterned paper and used baker’s twine to make a banner.
Overall, I think the layout turned out pretty cute! I love how dainty (because of the white background, I guess) and festive it looks at the same time.
I hope you liked my project today!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –– – – – – – –– – – – – – –– – – – – – –
To enter this month’s challenge, here are the guidelines:
1. Create a project with the theme “Anything Festive”.
2. Upload your entry to our Member Gallery and link us up in this thread in the forum June 2017 Challenge – Anything Festive.
3. All entries are due by June 30, 2017.
4. Challenge winner will receive a prize pack worth AED50.
1. A winner will be announced only if we have THREE new submissions.
2. All projects submitted for the challenge must be NEW and created AFTER the challenge went live.